Monday, January 17, 2011

My Life in Books 2010

"Early Autumn"
Deborah DeWitt Marchant

Having fun with the titles of some of the books I've read in 2010...

I used to belong to The Yiddish Policemen’s Union (Michael Chabon)

People might be surprised to discover that I’m Alias Grace (Margaret Atwood)

I will never be The Last Wife of Henry VIII (Carolly Erickson)

At the end of a long day I need The Echoing Grove (Rosamond Lehmann)

Someday I hope I'll have The Perfect Summer (Juliet Nicolson)

At a party you’d find me in The Music Room (William Fiennes)

I’ve never gone Out Stealing Horses (Per Petterson)

I really don’t enjoy Strong Poison (Dorothy Sayers)

I would like to visit Wolf Hall (Hillary Mantel)

In my next life I want to live at The Barn at the End of the World (Mary Rose O’Reilley)

My advice is to make Final Payments (Mary Gordon)

I hope I never run into the demon in the house (Angela Thirkel)

No comments: